Friday, April 29, 2011

Trends and Hard Facts

So I have a couple of issues I needed answers too. I noticed sunnymommy had posted that she was having trouble loosing and read that sometimes aspirin will stall weight loss. I've been taking ibuprofen everyday at bedtime, so that may be an issue.
Here is what sunnymommy said in the forum:

Arlene- on page 109 on the New Atkins book has some info on the asprin.
It reads:
"Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), including aspirin, ibuprofen, (Motrin, Advil), naproxen (Aleve, Naprosyn) and ketoprofen (orudis) cause water retention and may block fat burning. Other OTC drugs can also interfere with weight loss. Course correctin: Cut back on these drugs if possible. If you need further pain relief, use acetaminophen (Tylenol or Panadol), which is not a NSAID. Your physician may be able to suggest additionla alternative antiinflammatory remedies."

Also the whole calorie thing is confusing. This is what I wrote in the forum. I have not got a reply yet.

So does everyone watch their calories too? I hear different things. The book is a bit confusing. On page 107 it says "We know, we said you do not have to count calories on Atkins, and the vast majority of people don't, but you may need a reality check. "Women should shoot for a range of 1500 and 1800 calories a day...Eat less if you're not loosing weight".
Well, I'm not loosing weight, but my calories for the past 12 days (with no loss) have been 1250,2033, 1253, 1392, 1245, 1654, 1282, 1254, 1612, 1478, 1429, and 1363. My ratios have all been in the range recommended. I have NOT been careful about calories, just ratios, and eating when I am hungry and stopping when I am full. I have had NO cravings, and even with my family eating stuff that I won't eat has not even bothered me. (Crazy strange for me!) I don't plan what to eat depending on calories. My current diet feels decadent after avoiding/feeling guilty about all fats in the past. I look at the list of foods and pick what sounds good and try to get my veggies in with everything else. I don't drink coffee or tea because I'm sensitive to caffeine, just water because that's what I like. If I have a mad craving for sweets I'll mix a single serve sugar free drink like Crystal Lite. Not everyday at all.
I currently weigh 191 lbs. I want to loose 50 pounds, and then re-assess. I'd be very happy at that weight. I'd be happy as anything in the 180's for now!!

What have you all experienced with calorie count? Is it an issue? Should I ask in another forum?
Thanks all, hope you're having a wonderful Saturday night!
arlene

I checked back at my calorie count and this is my record, from the 18th of April 2011 when I started tracking in fatsecret, to now, missing just one day when we were in Slave Lake for Easter. Calories per day: 1250, 2033, 1253, 1392, 1245, 1654, 1282, 1254, 1612, 1429, 1363. I'm at or below my recommended calorie count of 1500 to 1800. I don't know where they get their figures, because that would be far too few calories for a women who was 250-300 lbs or more! They would be starving!

My net carbs could maybe use work. I have sometimes gone over. Here they are, rounded up or down:
33, 22, 22, 14, 26, 24, 12, 14, 18, 22, 18.
That is an average of 20.54 per day. That is not high. I went over 6 days out of 11, but I was under the other 5.

Why is my body not responding to that drastically lower level of carbs?

No comments:

Post a Comment